Still no news! The baby appears very content where it is and has not provided us with any reason to suspect its imminent arrival. Wednesday the 29th is the due date. We are waiting. Kylie is preparing our home for the baby’s arrival, and the rest of us are pacing the floor wondering why it all takes so long! All in good time.
A cursory review of my last entry showed my lack of faith in the possibility of rain given the extended drought we have experienced. I should not have doubted.
On Tuesday evening I ran my sessions at the radio school I have been teaching at casually over the past four years. At the completion of the evening I faced the dark prospect of riding home on my scooter in the drenching rain. The wind was wild, the rain was heavy, and by the time I got home twenty minutes later I was wet! And cold! Wednesday afternoon saw a repeat of that scenario. I have had some terrific soakings in the past week, and we have had some much needed rain. Not enough, it would seem, but it is a start for which we are thankful.
We received our tax refunds this week. VERY EXCITING! We now have enough money to buy our new car. It won’t be a particularly exciting event, and we are going to buy an older vehicle, but it will be welcome and we cannot wait. Additionally, we have some other income due, particularly when the baby arrives. When that occurs we will be building a fourth bedroom into the back of our house. Things are just a little too cramped, so this should be helpful. We had planned to build in the garage too, but the interior may end up being all that gets done. We plan on putting down some new carpet too. Mum and Dad have some carpet left over from the Karalta Rd shop they used to have. It is very good quality and will be great for replacing the mess that we presently have on our floor.
Kylie and I are really excited about the changes we can make to the house. There will be extra space, and the new room will help us tidy things up in ways we have only dreamed of for the past four years. Then we can save up to build in the garage and concrete the driveway. Then comes a shed, and some bikes for the kids. But I’m getting a little ahead of myself.
My studies have taken a back seat to work this week. I have had appointments back to back most days. However, the coming week will see a return to study as my chief priority.
We have had some great laughs this week. I have been fortunate to be at home early several evenings this week allowing Chanel, Abbie and Ella plenty of play time. We have been reading Narnia too.
Chanel loves the TV program, Deal or No Deal. I think she loves it a little too much. Recently when we have asked her to do something that she doesn’t want to do she cries, “No Deal!” Her netball season is over now. Presentation day was yesterday and Chanel received a small trophy for participation in the team. When she arrived home triumphantly bearing the trophy Chanel proclaimed, “Dad, here’s my first trophy. I think we’re going to need a trophy cupboard.” That girl is a big thinker!
Swimming starts again in a little over a week for Chanel. We’re all looking forward to it. Chanel will be doing something she loves several afternoons a week, and we will have that little bit of respite. Of all our children, I think Chanel craves constant stimulation the most of all our children. She’ll be very pleased when it all starts again.
Anyway, the waiting continues. I'm sure there will be some news very soon. In fact, we're going for a walk right now. Kylie and the girls have suggested a walk along the Brisbane River. The sun is shining, my family is happy, it is going to be a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment