It has been a whirlwind three weeks in our home.
We enjoyed a visit from my parents for two nights a few weekends ago. Mum and dad arrived on Friday night. Mum taught an enrichment evening for the ladies at church. Dad and I took Abbie and Ella to watch “Southern Stars”, a spectacular show involving over 3000 school children dancing, singing, and acting. It was brilliant, particularly given the number of children, and that hardly any adults performed.
Saturday was quiet time with family. Kylie and Mum went to watch Chanel perform in one of the two Southern Stars shows for Saturday. And I showed Dad around some of the scenic back areas of Wollongong.
Sunday mum and dad came to church to see the Primary Presentation where the children run the church service! The Primary Presentation was brilliant. Chanel gave a beautiful talk about the importance of listening to the Holy Spirit and shared about a time where she felt that she made a good choice because she listened. Ella and Abbie spoke their parts clearly and beautifully. And all of the children sang solos at various stages. I was so proud of them. It felt wonderful to be there and enjoy them doing their best.
We’re receiving positive news about Lilli’s health. So far things are looking fine, and we’re seeing her progress and develop as we would have expected. She is perfect. We barely hear a peep out of Lilli and she smiles all day. Lilli has discovered her hands and loves playing with them. She rarely cries, and lifts our hearts whenever we get to see her and cuddle her. Oh, and she’s getting BIG!
During the weekdays I’ve been extremely busy just trying to keep up at work. I’m delighted with my progress, have written a significant amount, and have several papers under review at the moment. I’m hoping to see another publication or two in the coming months. Plus I’m working through writing my very first ever book! After completing a 25 page e-book (for Internet sharing only) about having a calling as a parent, I’m now writing How to Have World Peace at Home. I’m thrilled with my progress and hope to finish my first draft by the end of September. Then I’ll take it to a publisher and see how it goes. I’m also creating a game to teach political systems to children at school.
The children recommenced swimming lessons this week. All of them were delighted and did a great job. With Spring being here we’re anxious to be able to get back into the pool, but want to be sure the children will be safe – particularly Annie!
Sunday was quiet at church. As soon as it was over we raced up to Gosford for Father’s Day, stopping in at Auburn to see Nan and Pop Bunt. We loved being with our family. We had a seafood Sunday which was a real treat.
This past week has been surprisingly uneventful. Our family is safe and happy. We continue to delight in our children. I raced for the first time in months and got another second place. Chanel spoke in church about service, and focused on John 13. It was an inspiring talk, and an uplifting meeting. And life continues to speed by, going way too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment